All Singapore incorporated companies must appoint a corporate secretary within 6 months of incorporation. The appointed corporate secretary must meet the following requirements:
- has been a company secretary of a company for at least three of the five years immediately before his appointment as company secretary of the public company
- a qualified person under the Legal Profession Act (Cap. 161)
- a public accountant registered under the Accountants Act (Cap. 2)
- a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore
- a member of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- a member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch)
a member of the Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore
What is the role of a corporate secretary?
- Maintain and update the company’s statutory records
- Ensure compliance of statutory deadlines
- Prepare and file the company’s Annual Returns with ACRA
- Provide administrative support in preparation of meetings (Board meetings, Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings)
- Maintain point of contact with all shareholders
Appointing Tisch Global as your corporate secretary
Tisch Global is a trusted provider of corporate secretarial services in Singapore. We have extensive experience helping companies from a wide range of industries keep track of statutory deadlines.
You can appoint us immediately as corporate secretary even if you already have one. Don’t worry, we’ll guide you through the process.
In addition to the services described above, we’ll provide you with additional support:
- Customised welcome pack of your company’s statutory deadlines and obligations
- Administering all statutory documents and deadlines with ACRA
- Change of information of company directors, secretary and shareholders
Looking for corporate services or to incorporate a company in Singapore? Contact us (email@example.com) for assistance.